Migrating files from surface pro to surface pro 4. MS

Customer Question
Migrating files from surface...

Migrating files from surface pro to surface pro 4

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

MS Surface Pro running Windows 10 and I bought new Surface Pro 4

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

A few...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There are 3 parts that are important to the transfer:

• Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
  • Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
  • Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs to the new computer

When you are ready, let me know. You will need a program or a usb/both to begin.

The first stage in the transfer is deciding how to connect with the Surface. Since it does not have an Ethernet port, there are 3 options: wireless transfer, using a USB drive or using an Ethernet adapter.

Those are your choices. Please advise.

USB Drive
I'm in the middle of doing a full backup to a hard disk of all the folders on the computer and am not ready for you to taker over until the backup is finished. Can you send me a check list of what to do?

Take a look at this before you want those directions. This simple program that is just hook up and go.

Make sure you look at the video. I will get the usb directions for you in case you are not comfortable with that one.

the usb is great, but time consuming and you have to prep it over and over to change files.

http://www.zinstall.com/how-to/how-to-transfer-programs-and-files-to-microsoft-surface

Way 1: Move files from Surface to a desktop computer with a USB flash drive

Moving files from one computer to another computer with a USB flash drive is very common to us. We also can move files from Surface device to a desktop computer with the USB drive. On Surface Pro 3, you can find the USB port on the right side easily.

Step 1: Insert the USB drive to the Surface, copy the files from the Surface to the USB disk.

Step 2: Disconnect the USB drive from the Surface, and take it insert into the desktop computer.r

Step 3: Move the files to the desktop computer from the USB disk.With the USB flash drive, your surface and the computer do not need to connect to the network.

https://www.cocosenor.com/articles/surface/transfer-files-from-surface-to-computer.html

You can choose any of those three methods. Make sure you get a flash drive over 8gb if you use this option.

https://www.lovemysurface.net/transfer-files-to-surface-tablets/

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I am confused.
I thought I was being charged a refundable $5 which I charged to PayPal and now see that I have been charged $59!
Please explain

Please contact customer service. I cannot see that side of your account. I only get rated and sent tech questions.

My ratings are 3 and below i didnt help you. 4 and 5 you got the info you needed, on time, understandable, if i was polite, accurate etc.

I will leave you the link for them.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone