I have an ASUS note pad and I have forgoton the pattern I…

Customer Question
I have an ASUS note...
I have an ASUS note pad and I have forgoton the pattern I put in, How do I get into or reset the note book
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Correction it is a note pad sn#c90kct118561
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you hard reset it, was it successful?

At this point, it should be asking you for a password ***** google that you set up on the device if you reset it.

Please advise all the steps you took so far and exactly what you see right now when you power it on.

All I see is the date and request for the pattern no request to the password
I can't get in to access anything and my wifi connection has changed since I have been in it last

We may need to have to reset it again. Lets try a factory reset.

1. A master reset reverts the device back to factory settings. It will permanently erase all personal data, preferences, settings and content such as pictures, ringtones and apps that are saved to the device. Data stored to an SD card will not be erased unless otherwise selected. It is recommended that you save (backup) important data to your SIM, SD card, or a computer before proceeding.
  2. To perform a master reset, tap the Settings icon.
  3. Scroll to, then tap Backup & reset.
  4. Tap Factory data reset.
  5. Tap Reset tablet.
  6. Enter the four-digit code, then tap Erase everything.

7. Note: If unable to reset the device using the above steps, try the alternate master reset method by first powering the device Off. With the powered off, press and hold the Volume up and Power keys together until the "ASUS" logo displays (3-4 seconds), then release them. Press the Volume down key until "Recovery" is highlighted and then press the Power key. The device will restart. Press the Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and then press the Power key. Press the Volume down key until "Yes - delete all user data" is highlighted, and then press the Power key. Press the Power key to select "Reboot system now".

Depending on your model, that number didnt pull up.

Do you have any more information about the model of that asus note?

Also, if you set it up with an email, you will need access to that email when it comes up.

Please advise.

Also, before that, you can try this if it didnt fully wipe:

If you forget your pattern:
1. After you fail to unlock the screen in pattern for 5 times (4 dots at least), there will be a text sign of "Forgot Pattern?" appeared on the lower-right of the screen.
2. Tap "Forgot Pattern?" and then enter your Google account and password ***** in this phone to disable pattern lock.Note: If you do not log in your Google account or the device is not connected to internet before the phone is locked, you will need to perform factory data reset in DROIDBOOT mode to solve this problem.

If you forget your PIN or password:
1. To reset your PIN or password, you need to in advance log in your Google account in your device and have your phone connected to Internet as well as Location function enabled.
2. Then, visit website below: https://google.com/android/devicemanager
3. Choose your device that you want to reset PIN. After your device is located, tap "Lock" in the wondow and reset your PIN.

It doesn't work I just can't get in
Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 8 months ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I will continue working with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

If you still require assistance with the original problem, please type here the model name or number of your Asus notepad and I will check what can be done to solve the problem.

Let me know by typing a reply below.

Thanks,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,