Very frustrated about now. I've been trying to recover my g…

Customer Question
Please help...very frustrated about...

Please help...very frustrated about now. I've been trying to recover my g mail account for the last hour or more. When I was able to change or get a new password ***** said welcome Adele Johnson (my wife). Then when I opened the e-mail it was hers and not mine (*****@******.***. Where do we go from here ?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Off and on for the last month or more.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It just says HP (Heyward Packard) in bottom right corner

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was a gift from my son about 6 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this is the 4th or 5th attempt I've made at attempting to recover my g mail account

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

do you still have access to this number ending in 84?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I don't have any ideal what type of computer this is ....all I know is that it's a Heyward Packard and not sure of the windows designation. When I previously want access I simply typed in gmail.com and my name comes up along with my wife's, son's, and daughter's.however on the last 4-5 attempts my name has failed to come up. When I type it in my wife's e-mail pops up instead...help please.
Why would you charge me an additional $39 when you haven't responded or suggested remedies after I've initially paid $31 as yet ???

I am not customer service. I cannot see that side of your account. I only see tech questions.

The reason her name is ***** ***** is that one is saved. Please tell me what browser you are using so we can set your email in there

and wipe hers.

Also, can you still access your email or do we need to try to reset the password *****?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

We normally use internet explorer however when accessing my e-mail today I switched over to Chrome since it's Google based.

Is it chrome you are seeing her email pop up in? Or is it internet explorer. We need to 'delete it out' in those settings and get yours

in the browser of your choice. Please advise.

it was Chrome where my wife's e-mail kept coming up however she uses Internet Explorer for the most part as do I.

We can wipe them both.

Internet explorer:

1. Open the Tools menu.
  2. Select Internet Options.
  3. Click Content.
  4. Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
  5. Click on Manage Passwords.
  6. Click on the Web Credentials Manager.
  7. Click on the drop down arrow by the web site you want to remove the password.
  8. Click on Remove.

Take out her email there.

In chrome:

1. Open the Chrome menu using the button on the far right of the browser toolbar.
  2. Choose the Settings menu option (highlighted in blue).
  3. Click the Show advanced settings… link located at the bottom of the page.
  4. In the “Passwords and forms” section, click the Manage passwords link.
    • In the Passwords dialog that appears, hover over the site whose password *****’d like to remove and click the X that appears.

Now, after you do that. Close and reopen those browsers. Type in gmail.com, enter your own, put in password, and hit save when the box

request comes up.

the last question is, can you still sign into your own gmail successfully?

Wow....those are a lot of steps....I'll give it a shot but I need to run an errand first but will return within an hour, try it out, and will get back to you with feedback....thank you for taking the time to help me.....K. Irwin

I will be here most the day. Take your time. I dont really take to many days off. Even on holidays.

That fix will work for you, and if you get stuck, let me know. I will help you through it and recover your email and/or

make sure yours gets set in those browsers to pull your email up from now on.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin