My television suddenly took over my netflix

Customer Question
My television suddenly took...

My television suddenly took over my netflix casting...previously, all the netflix casting was controlled from my laptop, but now the TV seems to be receiving netflix signals on its own, not through the computer and with no apparent way to stop it or even pause it, even when the TV is turned off.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I run Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop...the connection to the TV is through a small plug-in device that is about the size and shape of a small hockey puck

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't think so, although sometimes updates from Windows just swoop in without permission

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What input is the TV set to?

What happens if you change the input to a different one, e.g. a DVD player?