Connect one-on-one with a verified tech support specialist who will answer your question

Andy, Computer Consultant

More related answers
All tech support specialists are VERIFIED
I have another computer that I am trying to reset. I need to
David L
David L, Bachelor's Degree
I have another computer that I am trying to reset. I need to download W10 to do that. … read more
My W-10 settings have a phantom administrator with an
Robert M., Bachelor's Degree
My W-10 settings have a phantom administrator with an unknown password. This blocks every effort to identify the password, to update software and even to recover my Windows 7, which at this point I wo… read more
Just applied the Win 8.1 upgrade on a ThinkPad 2. I let it
boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Free lance software developer
Just applied the Win 8.1 upgrade on a ThinkPad 2. I let it run overnight and the unit powered off (Seemingly). WHen I powered it back oon, it claimed it was soing some setting, then failed. When I tri… read more
I need to find a way to reset the admin password XXXXX the
Kamil Anwar, IT Consultant / Systems Engineer
I need to find a way to reset the admin password XXXXX the current one. I let my idiot friend (who's the real idiot here?) "fix and upgrade" my computer now I can't do anything as far as updates etc. … read more
I have got an Li 3745 desktop and have have no issues since
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Technican
I have got an Li 3745 desktop and have have no issues since buying it nearly four years ago. This morning it would not boot at all and the boot menu is showing only the CD/DVD:4S-HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH10N… read more
A few nights ago I decided create a password XXXXX log onto windows
Kevin
Kevin, Self Employed Network Consultant
A few nights ago I decided create a password XXXXX log onto windows 7. My user account is the admin for this tower. I didn't write it down and have since totally forgotten the password. I know, really… read more
Windows wont boot. Stays in black screen. Gives message windows
Bryan, tech support specialist
Windows won't boot. Stays in black screen. Gives message windows root.\system32\hal.dll miissing or corrupt. Can't even get to Windows to do system retore. Don''t have boot disk. What to do?… read more
WIndows XP workstation booting slowly and sometimes hanging.
Justin
Justin, Network Administrator
WIndows XP workstation booting slowly and sometimes hanging. Ran Virus scan in safemode, Malwarebytes. Ran registery scan and cleaned out (936) issues. Ran Bootmgr /repair and still have booting issue… read more
Bit of a long one. I have the google re-direct virus it appears.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Bit of a long one. I have the google re-direct virus it appears. PC worked fine except for the annoying re-direct on searches. Contacted Norton (which I have installed) and the supplied suggest on Vir… read more
My main SATA C drive is almost full so I installed a second
NJBrad
NJBrad, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My main SATA C drive is almost full so I installed a second drive that's larger and cloned the entire C drive to this new one which was assigned as "G" by the computer. I know I can go to the BIOS set… read more
Ive had a Fujitsu notebook for the last few years running
Mike D.
Mike D., IT Analyst
I've had a Fujitsu notebook for the last few years running Windows XP. A few days ago I booted it up but I was prompted for the user name and password. I have never entered either before. Somehow the … read more
Laptop HP ze5300. Can see HD in bios (HD brand new and formatted).
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Technician, Developer
Laptop HP ze5300. Can see HD in bios (HD brand new and formatted). Can't see HD in boot up. Tried to install fresh Windows XP. System can't see CD drive. Can see it in bios. Can't use internal floppy … read more
My Toshiba Satellite has had an intermittent problem with startup
Josh, Associate Degree
My Toshiba Satellite has had an intermittent problem with startup since I got it about 6 months ago. Every few startups, after I log in, it will freeze for about 5 minutes on the desktop. After this f… read more
Toshiba satellite A105-S2051. When I turn computer off and
Robert M., Bachelor's Degree
Toshiba satellite A105-S2051. When I turn computer off and try to reboot, must use F2 and takes several times turning off and on with F2 held down go to BIOS exit and click yes and computer boots fine… read more
I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 that has 60gb hard drive. I recently
David L
David L, Bachelor's Degree
I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 that has 60gb hard drive. I recently purchased a 250gb drive and cloned the old drive to the new one. Everything went fine, after the 3rd time I started the computer, I get t… read more
My new Compaq refurbished pc shows on screen disk boot failure,
Keen1
Keen1, Regional Manager
My new Compaq refurbished pc shows on screen"disk boot failure, insert system disk, and press enter", but it came loaded with Vista - so I have to locate the problem, it was bought on March 24, went o… read more
I have a dell with windows XP. I tried to bypass the log in
Austin Atkins
Austin Atkins, Masters student - Physics
I have a dell with windows XP. I tried to bypass the log in proccess and I did something that im having trouble correcting. It will no longer let me log in to get to my desktop page with the icons and… read more
When I boot up my Toshiba laptop I cant get passed ...
Dave K
Dave K, Charter Captain & I.S. Director
When I boot up my Toshiba laptop I can''t get passed the password XXXXX on WinXP as I have disabled the account in the computer management. How can I bypass this screen?… read more