How do i get into the BIOS at startup. W10. March last year.

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get into the BIOS at startup

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

W10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

March last year. Everything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Currently my computer is unavailable because i ran msconfig and although been logging for a year and half, the current password ***** not work. Went back to the original Administrator account. I either need to run msconfig, bypass the startup or boot from a USB drive. Hence need to get into BIOS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.

What is the make/model of the computer on which you want to get on to the BIOS.

Lenovo 300 Windows 10
I wish you could. I would pay you. But currently not accessible
I currently cannot log on.
where did you go
Please either do not charge or refund please. Thank you

Sorry about the delay.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

you just need to get into the bios is that all you want?

is it lenovo ideapad 300

I ran msconfig on my computer. It rebooted needing a password ***** a year and a half ago. Not the one I have been using I first set it up. I need to get into the BIOS to set the boot device to be a flash drive and then recovery tool and boot my computer. You can’t to the best of my knowledge get on remotely without me running connect software. Unless you can tell me how to bypass the password ***** that is all I need access to the BIOS. USED TO BE REAL EASY. You just hit key at startup.

Restart the system. PC screen will dim off, but it will light up again and display “Lenovo” logo.

Press F2 (Fn+F2) key when you see Lenovo” logo screen.

Does not get pass startup screen. FnF2 or any other normal combination. I have tried all the pc and windows since the first IBM PC and windows since 3.1. Thanks anyway