I keep getting a pop-up indicating that there is an issue…

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a pop-up indicating that there is an issue that may be related to my password ***** directs me to settings to an item that isn't on the standard menu. Forgot the name. Anyway it asks me to sign in with my password ***** tells me it's not correct. Gives me two attempts and then refers me to a tech service that wants me to check a box agreeing the terms of service. This tells me this is a scam to get me to buy a tech support contract. This used to be done by a different tactic. I'm addressing this to you because1) is this a scam or program you did not authorize, 2) to make you aware of this issue. I can only get released from this activity by clicking in the X on the upper right box. I believe this is a new way for making this attempt. Please clear this up. I also think they are taking advantage of the cyber attack scare.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Not since I started using the computer unless it was required when I was updated to Windows 10. I'm very computer ignorant, very leery of change. I'm 63yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

There was a recent automatic windows update. It didn't require any assistance or indicate a time frame. It would pop-up continuously until I began to trust the wording was authentic. I have Malwarebytes that updates normally everyday. I assumed that this windows update may be an a needed based on new advanced tech.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My nephew has used ITunes and continue to get request to update for future downloads. I'm not sure I should do so. Thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a few minutes to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarifications

It sounds like your computer is infected with malware and needs to be cleaned.

If you like I can remote into your PC and do a full clean up of your PC, this will be faster and less expensive than bringing computer to repair shop

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.