Forgot my password to the HDD /SSD. I haven’t used my laptop…

Customer Question
Hey I forgot my...

Hey I forgot my password ***** the HDD /SSD . I haven’t used my laptop for almost 2 years

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I tried resetting but it’s not seeming to work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Toshiba satellite

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My mother got it for me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will you need my serial number

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

You can try this:

1. The HDD password ***** be removed using Security Assist.
2. Using SETUP BIOS (i.e. start machine; Hold Esc; Press F1), Tab to the HDD Password ***** which should be displayed as follows:
HDD Password
HDD = Built-in HDD
HDD Password ***** = USER Only
User Password = Registered
3. Tab to the "User Password" field and simply enter the old password ***** then a new one twice (once to verify) as one would do normally. If you don't want a password, just press "enter" twice

from:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=38923

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.