I need a new password for my I-phone. Sometime ago and my…

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new password ***** my I-phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Sometime ago and my phone keeps asking me for my password ***** I-tunes and apps, etc...

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No think that is all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are getting a popup asking you to enter Apple username and password ***** you are trying to create a new apple ID and password, Is it right?

I think so....actually we have the carrier ATT.net not Cable One and I cant use this anymore so I need to know how to enter the new carrier

May I know how long are you facing this problem?

SEVERAL MONTHS;; I can use my phone but it constantly asks me to enter my password ***** I cannot order apps or use my Kindle...I am ready to attempt to correct this.

Okay I got it, In this case if you don't have any Apple user ID, we can create a new apple ID. You can click this link given below for creating new ID https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204034.

If you already have an apple ID and if you forgot the password. Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you