I forgot my e-mail password. Please text me an access code…

Customer Question
I forgot my e-mail...

I forgot my e-mail password. Please text me an access code to(###) ###-#### I have tried to change it but it keeps reverting to the login page. How am I supposed to login if I forgot my password?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

I forgot my e-mail password. Please text me an access code to(###) ###-#### I have tried to change it but it keeps reverting to the login page. How am I supposed to login to change it if I forgot my password?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I have been at this all day and am very frustrated.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?