Trying to transfer my account from my old smart phone to my…

Customer Question
Trying to transfer my...

Trying to transfer my account from my old smart phone to my new phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

I CALLED 1-***-***-****

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

THEY TOOK ME THROUGH A SERIES OF STEPS INCLUDING SUPPOSEDLY INSTALLING SECURITY FOR$9.99.They asked for my debit # and SS#.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know if this legitimate?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 8 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! JustAnswer.com is legitimate, but the phone number you provided is associated with a illegitimate company; that is, they are an organization that scams individuals by pretending to be associated with Google Gmail (they are not...Google does not offer technical support of any sort).

Since they have your payment information, I would advise you to contact your financial institution and inform them you've been victimized. Ask them to reverse the transaction you authorized to this other company, and to cancel your card #***** They can, of course, keep your account open and provide you with a new card # for your continued use.

As for the original issue, we may be able to assist you with that if the problem remains unresolved. Can you further describe the issues you're seeing so that we can help?

Here is a link to some information concerning the phone number you called: https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-***-***-****