Forgot my password and I want to uninstall Windows 10 so I…

Customer Question
Forgot my password *****...

Forgot my password ***** I want to uninstall Windows 10 so I can log on with another account

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

HP

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/10/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are not able to open any program or anything on your HP Windows 10 computer?

Is this a new computer?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Right I can’t login with the password ***** pin to get on my PC at all I forgot what email and password ***** used to set it up
I bought it new and I set it up and I forgot

Select the password ***** then does it show a name or user name at the login / password *****? Does it also show an email address or not?

It says warren law
It does not show a email address

I'm typing the steps.

Here are the steps to uninstall / reinstall Windows 10, so you can set up with a new account / password:

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you get a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

No I don’t get a menu with the troubleshoot

Sorry, please try the next solution below:

Solution #2:

1. Shut down your HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the computer's keyboard until a menu appears.
  3. Select option Troubleshoot.
  4. Select option Recovery Manager. Then select option System Recovery. Then select option to recover without backing up files, and continue.
    - (Note: If there is no Recovery Manager option, then select option Reset PC, and continue, and when prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.)

Do you get a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the new steps now?

It says can’t open file
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the exact model of the computer?

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer