Trying to connect Dell Inspiron laptop to NEC 1970 nx but…

Customer Question
Trying to connect Dell...

Trying to connect Dell Inspiron laptop to NEC 1970 nx but not recognized via USB connector

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your NEC? And what operating system are you running?

Windows 10 and Multisync LCD 1970NX

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 10 is up to date this week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't hear the USB connect sound. Is there some way to use the external monitor via blue tooth if this isn't going to work via USB

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. The USB port is not for the display; the USB port is for using the USB ports on the monitor. You need to use the DVI or the VGA port on the monitor.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Dell Windows 10 laptop for the model of it?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you see any of these 3 ports on your Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop: HDMI, DVI, or VGA?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,