As of this minute - for the first time ever - I cannot

Customer Question
As of this minute...

As of this minute - for the first time ever - I cannot access my email account.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

I thought it was Google(?)

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I get internet services through Dish does that matter?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the error message that you see when you try to access your account?

not recognizing email address or passwords

What is the exact error message?

Did not receive an error message. Just cannot get to email at all

You will receive an error message when you try to sign in

Please try again and let me know the error

typed in email address. then typed in temporary password ***** to me by someone via phone at JustAnswer.com. It is not recognizing temp password ***** I don't have or know another one.

Justanswer.com does not have access to your Google account -- It sounds like you are mixing the two accounts together.

Did you reset the email address password?

where are you?????

I didn't and I don't know how

What is the email address?

What is the last password ***** you remember working?

I think the very first original was PEB3girls - however I have tried to reset it and also use the temp given me by JustAnswer - so there have probably been a few. Last one being jac123 from JustAnswer. I have not been asked anytime recently to enter a password ***** accessing my email.

Do you have the phone number ending in 84? If you do, what is the full number?

No. Phone # changed to(###) ###-####

Unfortunately, that is the only way to recover the account.

what do you mean? to pay the $39?

No, you need access to the number ending in 84 to recover the account otherwise you will need to start a new account.

I no longer have that phone...so how do I access that number? Have not had that number for several months now ?????

Unfortunately, it is up to the user to make sure their account recovery options are up to date.

what can I do now? I did not know that.

You will not be able to recover the account without that phone number.

I know the #, however it no longer belongs to me due to poor reception where I live. What is my option?
Can I somehow enter the old phone # and then update it?
Unfortunately, no.
can I recover any of my old emails if I create a new account? What do I have to create a new account, can I keep same email address, and what is the cost? Have had this account almost 5 years....
why did this happen all of sudden after all this time?
You will need a brand new email and you will lose everything in the old account.
How do I create a new account and what is the cost?
Creating a new account is free.You can create a new account here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F<mpl=ecobh&btmpl=mobile
when I click on the address you gave (above) it does not work. Do I need to type it in a new page?
It says address invalid. Exactly what do I need to type in?