I just bought a new ps4 and during the setup it says an

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new ps4 and during the setup it says an update is required

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

The guy at the store sold me a cable to plug into the wall since I only have WiFi with poor reception

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I am unable since no internet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need help getting the updates so I can start playing call of duty

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Do not charge my card until you provide a satisfactory response or I will deny the charge
11/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist you today with your PS4 question.

I understand it needs an update. Is your router close near your PS4 where we could connect it directly to it?

No worries. You won't be billed unless you are satisfied.

No
I am in a hotel with weak WiFi so the salesman sold me a cable to connect to the socket below the wall jack for the phone
Can you help me or not?

Unfortunately, unless your hotel offers an Ethernet connection, you won't be able to connect to the internet. There's not a device that will let you plug into the wall to get internet otherwise. If they sold you something, you might need to go ahead and take it back. If you could find a location closer to the signal, you might be able to download it and bring it back. I know that would be complicated since you'd also need access to a TV as well.

Do they offer an ethernet port?

Do not charge my credit card since you offered no solution. The charge will be denied if it shows up on my account.

I will back out and maybe another expert can provide more troubleshooting with you.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Unfortunately, a hotel is setup differently from your home so the cable will not work.

Do you have a computer that you can use?