I am enquiring regards my phone which has Viber installed in

I am enquiring regards *****...
I am enquiring regards ***** ***** which has Viber installed in it but when I tried to make calls I keep getting the message that I am not connected, so I am not sure what I need to do to be able to be connected.
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: How do I do that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
10/19/2017
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem

May I know what is the make and model of your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is samsung.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I don't wish to be connected to a secure remote assistance.

May I know whether you use wifi service or mobile data for your internet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have both Wi Fi and the mobile data and I use both.

Can you access internet on your phone for other applications?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How come when I was with Optus I had no problem receiving and calling with Viber, but after I switched to Ovo, I am unable to make calls through Viber?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just can't call out with Viber?

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. and can you advise me how to go about it?
  1. Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
  2. Select More and tap on Application manager.
  3. Swipe across to All.
  4. Tap on Viber app which you wish to remove.
  5. Tap on Uninstall.
  6. Tap Ok.
  7. Once the application has been removed tap Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now how do I go about installing it again.

Great. Now you need to go to the play store again to download the Viber app to reinstall it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I find the play store on the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have found the play store on the phone but I can't find Viber?

Please type "Viber" in the search bar on the Play Store

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have got Viber messenger. Do I install that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have also found Free Viber calls and Messages?

Yes please install that on your phone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been asked to complete an account setup.

Yes please fill in your details to associate your phone number to the viber app. Once it's done, check whether you can make calls and please do update the status. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am no more connected to Optus so do I just add it to the credit details that I sent you already?

May I know whether you are trying to call from Viber to Viber? Or are you trying to make paid calls(normal phone calls)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am making calls only from viber to viber.

Thank you for that information. You don't need to pay for making calls from Viber to Viber. All you need is a proper internet connection.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your patience and kindness and also for your time.

Is it working now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not finish typing my details in order to associate my number to the Viber app, and I am unable to get back to that page.

Please open Viber again. You will have a welcome screen, click Continue

It will prompt you to enter your phone number, please fill in the phone number

Once you enter the phone number, you will receive a one time password with random numbers as a text message. It has a time limit as well.

So once you enter the phone number, go to your messages on your phone and get the one time password.

Copy the One time password ***** make a note of the number and paste or type it on Viber where it ask you to enter the one time password

Once it's done. It will prompt you to enter your personal information like Name, Profile Picture.

After that, it will take you to the Viber home screen where you can go to contacts, select a contact to make a call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, but I don't have viber on my screen, just , "just talk" I don't know if I have done something wrong.

Can you find the Viber app on your phone again?

Please open the Viber app

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry, but I have to end our converstion now and I will try and get back to you tomorrow as I have to attend a meeting in ten minutes. Sorry and thank you. *****

Sure. If you have any other concern or else if you face any technical issue, I will be glad and available to help you. Please do rate my service which you had with me and it will definitively help me to improve my service.

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh