I have a hp omen gaming laptop when I went to use it today…

I have a hp omen...
I have a hp omen gaming laptop when I went to use it today it would not turn on when I plug in the power cord no lights come on I have tried 2 different power cord and different outlets I know there is power going to the computer I have tested it hoping someone can help me out
10/16/2017
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

the laptop worked fine yesterday but when I tried to use it today nothing

Is the Laptop showing you any sign of life at all?

Thanks

Kris

no

OK not good, how old is the Laptop?

about 1 year old

Okay.

Can you unplug it from any power and battery If possible and hold the power button in for 50 seconds,

Once done let me know and connect back up and give it a try

I have already tried that with no results

OK then your powerjack or mainboard as a failure.

You'll need to return it under warrenty and they will fix this for you.

If you do it yourself you will void your warrenty and it will cost you a lot more.

it has an internal battery so to disconnect it I already had to open it up probably voiding any warranty I may on had could it be anything else

Not really. Do you have a multi-meter?

If you can I would test the power port on the odd chance it is that.

I have tested where the power jack connects to the motherboard and there is power there

Okay so the problem is the motherboard, you would need to contact them for a repair. It's usually $95 in warranty and $195 out.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer