I have a dell Inspiron 3250 mini tower and I would like to…

I have a dell Inspiron...
I have a dell Inspiron 3250 mini tower and I would like to reinstall it using its onboard image. What are the steps in reinstall the company to factory?
10/16/2017
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Do you know which version of windows you have?

Windows 10
Forgot password ***** I can’t log in...
I want to do a factory reset

Are you able to boot the computer ?

F12 brings me here
Not sure...I don’t see the restore button

Here is what you need to do if you can boot to the desktop.

At the desktop, click the Search the web and Windows box and type "reset".
Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
Select the option to Keep my files if you want to keep your documents like photos etc...
Note any apps or drivers that will need to be reinstalled after the refresh has completed.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the refresh process. This will take some time and your computer will restart.

If you need more help let me know.

Thanks.

I can’t boot to desktop
I can’t remember the password

Ok hold down the shift button and turn the computer on, let me know if you get to a blue screen with some options, tell m which options you do see if you get to this screen.

Select windows 10

Ok

if that brings you to the sign in screen let me know.

It did

Ok and what options do you see?

No options .... just to sign in
I want to restore

Ok do you see the power button on the bottom right?

I did

Perfect. Hold the Shift button the on the keyboard and click the power button and choose restart. Do not let go of shift until you get to a blue screen that has some options.

I got the blue screen

Ok do you see troubleshoot? if so click that.

Ok I will click on that
Reset this pc and advance options

That is it. If you choose reset you reset the computer back to it's out of the box state. If that is what you want to do just click that.

Two options now
Just remove my files or fully clean the drive .... which one for factory out of the box

Reset is the out of the box. When reset finishes the computer will be back to how it was when you first bought it as if you never used it. So you will lose anything that is saved on the computer.

I opted for fully clean drive.
Thank you
It’s busy doing it now

Once that finishes you should be all set, it may take a little while to finish. If you need more help let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist