I have a google account (GDrive) that costs me $2 a month. I…

Customer Question
Ok, so I have a...
Ok, so I have a google account (GDrive) that costs me $2 a month. I need to delete some stuff off of it because they say I have reached my limit. I bought a micro sd card and put all my google drive stuff on it then tried to delete the stuff on Google's server, but it won't delete anything. Is there something I am missing?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
10/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Deleting files from Google Drive or GDrive, may just put them into the Trash, where they are still 'storage space' and not removed as storage space used, from your GDrive account, yet.

Deleting them from the Trash, or Emptying the Trash, in Google Drive or GDrive, will get that space cleared out! Try it, seeing before, and after, what the free space index on your GDrive is. It should improve rapidly that way.

Let me know if you need more help - and if this answers your question and provides the help you needed, please let me know whether you will rate my answer.

Ok, but don't I have to delete files one by one rather than being able to select folders to delete? If it's a one-by-one process, it will take me forever.

That question has come up before, and I had an answer to it, but it will take me a little time to bring it up - or type it in again. Please give me a few minutes for that...

If the files are many, then do this:

open Google Drive or GDrive

then click on the first file you want to delete, to select it

then hold down the Ctrl key, and while holding it, click to select the other files you want to delete.

When they are all, or a great many of them, thus selected, you may release the Ctrl key - being very careful to not click on any files again, or all that selecting will be at once lost! - and click on Delete.

(Clicking on the topmost of a block of files to select it, then holding down Shift and clicking on the bottom-most of a block of files, may work to select all of the block at once - the group between the first click, and the second Shift-click, that is.)

Let me know if you need more help - or if this works and answers your question, would you be willing to rate my work and my answers?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)