Need help with creating an Access 2016 Form that will

Customer Question
display entry fields representing weeks...
Need help with creating an Access 2016 Form that will display entry fields representing weeks that are specif to a project's timeline. I can send a more detailed explanation of what I'm looking for.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
10/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is an Access database I'm developing to track project resources hours (weekly) for any given project(s) they are assigned to.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you an Access 2016 expert?

Opting out for access expert..

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you provide me a more detailed explanation of what you require please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I started this Access Database to Track our Project Resource's "committed" hours/week to any given project.
The way it works is the Project X will have a Project_Start_Date and a Project_End_Date. We will call that the "Project Timeline".
The Project Resources assigned to the project will have a number of weekly hours that they will dedicate to the project. I need to have a form where for each Project, we can enter the number of hours for each of the resources assigned to any project, to list only for those weeks within the "Project Timeline".
For example, Big Joey (Project Resource) was assigned to Project XYZ. Project XYZ has a timeline of October 1st, 2017 to December 31st 2017. I need the Entry form to allow me to Enter specific number of hours for each of the weeks within that Project Timeline that Big Joey is committing to working on Project XYZ. IN this example that would be "Week #40 through Week #52" based on the October 1st through December 31st time frame.
To make the form simple (and not look too busy), I would want to have a drop down for each month within that project's timeline (October 2017, November 2017 and December 2017), and as each month is selected, the corresponding weeks for each of those months would show on the form for the weekly hrs (need 4 fields for each of the weeks in each month) to be entered for that particular Resource. These hours entered, would appear on two different reports:
1)ResourcesAssignedByProject Report- Shows all resources for the project and the weeks/hrs they are committing to the project (with a total hrs for the project duration).
2) ResourcesWeekylHoursCommitted Report- Listing all resources and the number of total weekly hours they have committed to projects within any given time frame (Date Entry parameters Start_Date and End Date).Let me know if you would be able to do this and how long. I have already created the main tables and defined the weeks based on dates. I can send you the database for you to look at and let me know if you would be able to take this on and estimated time and cost.
20:49October 12, 2017

Thank you for the explanation.

It is a little complex to what I am use to so I will opt out but with the description now the correct expert can take it up

Tech Support Specialist: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services.

I can start working on it over the weekend would that be fine?

Regards,

G

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How does this work in terms of how much it will cost? How do I send you the database?

Hi, you may advice if the offer is acceptable so I can start working on it. My time gets limited during week days

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
George,I changed the database and the way to capture the data. All that is good. I need now need the report as follows:
Here’s a quick summary:
Tables:
1. Employees=IT Project Resources
2. Work Codes= Project and non-project (support/operational) IT work assignments,
a. Flags/Yes/No: Billable=Project Hours, IT Strategy Project
3. Work Hours= Project and non-Project hours committed (present and future/forecasted) by Resource by day/weekCross tab query:
1. Total_ResourceHoursWeekly- This is the query I would like to have the report built from. The columns are labeled for each week (Week# ***** that yr) and how many hours.
I need to be able to allow to run for a time period (from/to date), by month and by quarter for any given year. I would like run from a simple user interface and be able to run with open for all work codes and project resources, or filter by work code and/or by project resource, and include flags (Project Hours/Billable and IT Strategy).Let me know if you can still do this...and your estimated time/cost to complete.

I can complete it by Sunday

Andy, Computer Consultant