How to fix error code 0x803F8001

Customer Question
How to fix error code 0x803F8001
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

I was trying to play the game TapTiles, that I have been playing for several months. I applied an Update and when I went to play the game it came up with the error code 0x803F8001

Are you using Windows 10 please?

• Please right-click on start, In the Search box, type cmd
  • Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
  • In the command prompt (the black box), enter the following command: and hit enter

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Let me know the results

Thank you

Comes up the system cannot find the path. I doubled checked the command and entered it as you had typed it

can you try again please, copy and paste the command In the command prompt then hit enter

I copied and pasted and hit enter some message flashed then it went back to it original prompt Windows\system32

Ok good, now try to open the game TapTiles, if the problem persists please restart and try again.

Thank you

I restarted my computer & the error code is still there

Please try one of the solutions below :

Solution 1 :

1. Open Start and type Advanced in the search bar to open Advanced Startup Options.
  2. Select Restart now and boot your PC in Advanced startup mode.
  3. After that, select Advanced Options and then Troubleshoot.
  4. Finally, select Automatic Repair and wait for the system to reboot automatically.

Solution 2 :

1. Click Win key + R, type WSReset.exe in the run dialogue box, and press Enter.
  2. When the Command Prompt and Windows Store windows open in tandem, it means that the cache has been removed.
  3. Now you just have to restart your PC, navigate to Windows Store, and try to download/update a preferred app.

Solution 3 :

1. Click Win key + S and type Settings in the search bar.
  2. Select Settings from search results and click on Updates & Security.
  3. Opt for Windows Updates and click Check for Updates option.
  4. Now the system should perform a scan, so be patient and wait for it to complete.
  5. If the system detects available updates, select Update now.
  6. Finally, restart your PC.

Thank you

It is restoring the previous version of Windows. I imagine this will take awhile. Thank you for your help.

I'm sorry for delay in replying, Has everything worked out please?

No the game still won't open

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

No thanks.

Please try the following steps :

Click on start, Right-click the Command Prompt result, and choose Run as administrator.

Enter the following command, followed by an Enter on your keyboard in order to execute it:

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentGroup

Once this is done, you shouldn’t be having the issues anymore.

Thank you