My PC won't accept my password. I am using a different comp…

Customer Question
My PC won't accept...

My PC won't accept my password. I am using a different comp to contact you because I can't turn

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I have never reset them

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I am very upset that I have to borrow a pc to find out how to fix the problem, hopefully.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/6/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello how are you this evening? I'm sorry for your password ***** Where exactly are you getting the password *****?

IN THE CENTER OF ,MY SCREEN WHERE IT SAYS PASSWORD

Is it a Windows 10 password?

Alright, what is the user name associated with the Windows 10 account?

VAN THORNTON

Do you have an email that you usually use?

Alright hold on a moment please.

Do you have a phone number ending with the last two numbers --

***-***-**05

Alright. I will have Microsoft call you. They will give you a code. Please right down this code, and send it to me.

What are that last 4 digits of your phone number?

2405

Alright. You should receive a phone call shortly. Please write down the code and tell me it when you get it.

Your password ***** ***** --

VanThorn

The capitals letters matter. Please use those when attempting to connect to the computer.

As soon as you are able to connect, please let me know if it worked! If it did, please rate me 1 - 5 stars on my level of assistance!

it didn't work. I tried 3 times. I assume there are no spaces.

Correct no spaces. Try restarting the computer and attempting again.

It says that password ***** ***** and to reset it

Are you in the same area that you usually have internet access to? We have reset your password, but it will need access to the internet to receive the reset information.

It is a desk top and hasn't moved this comp is working off the router hooked up to my desk top. The instruction to contact you through account.live.com is stupid since I can't use the computer.

The instruction about account.live.com is to reset the password ***** your computer that you are trying to access. Even though you can't use the computer, if it was able to connect to the internet, it would receive that your password ***** changed, and you would be able to log in to that system. How is this computer connected to the internet? Is it directly connected with an ethernet (wired) connection?

Through a modem connected to a cable

Alright. Can you restart the modem and make sure the network connections are secure? The computer should have received the updated password ***** it is directly connected. Check both ends of the network connection to make sure they are plugged in all the way so it can connect to the internet.

It still didn't work.

What is the error you are getting when you try it? Can you tell me it exactly as it says it?

Go to account.live.com to fix the problem or try the last password ***** on this device.
Before that it says You can't sign in to your device right now

Alright. That is what we have already tried, and is why I am thinking communication between account.live.com and that machine is the issue. Are you sure the keyboard doesn't have Caps Locks turned on when you type the password?

I have lost you on this laptop, The caps lock is not turned on.
I get a screen that want my credit card info for the third time

Where do you see this screen? Please do not type your credit card information into a screen unless you are sure where it will be going to.

It was on the laptop. It had my c card number already shown. I seem to have lost the internet.

We are still able to communicate so the internet connection should be alright.

I am about ready to give up tonight, for some reason I have lost internet explore but still have others
I have internet explore but I am done thanks for the help.

I understand, I fell asleep shortly after the last message I sent, it was 2AM my time. If you would like to continue troubleshooting please let me know. You can try that password ***** and see if we have any luck, let me know if you do. Thanks!

Did you have any luck with the password?