I have a Word Perfect x5 problem that was supposed to be…

Customer Question
I have a Word...

I have a Word Perfect x5 problem that was supposed to be fixed by the support team today and it wasn't. secondly, Secondly, trying to get into my Word Perfect X5 setting that I have been using tells me "document in use or specified to read only. Save with another name" I need this one first

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP desktop pc model no. p6107c w/ Microsoft 7 system

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Please reply me back when you want to continue.

Ok

Do you have that file on your PC or on any network device?

Just my PC

OK, did you try to change the name of the file ?

How ?

Right click on the file and select Rename and then, change the name of the file and try to open it.

Thank you, I'll try that. Ihave asked for another solutition to a problem and was told what to do, but that did not work

What problem?

I wish to return to a web cam of Buck Hill Ski hill and observe the Clock Tower cam. Buck Hill is in Burnsville Minn.

Oh, I thought you are talking about WP problem, I think you have posted a question on that problem also, I will give you the link for that question so that you can reply there. Before that, please try my solution and let me know, if it works or not?

Don't know what a WP problem is. I tried to right click on the file name but had no luck to solving my problem.

WP is Word Perfect and did you rename the file? Just right clicking on the file will not solve the problem.

Got it WP = Word Perfect - Trying to right click does not work

Where are you right clicking?

I have a file called "Helen" That is the place that I tried to right click. Sorry for being so dumb.

OK, did you right click on the file Helen and selected Rename from the pop up menu?

There is no "rename" on the right pop up menu

OK, when you right click on the file, what options do you get?

I get a yes or no comment after the message says Document in use or specified to read only. save with a new name. So how do I rename with that message. Again I'm using Word PerfectX5

You are trying to right click on the file name from WP list?

No, that will not help. You have to close WP then, open the folder where the file is actually saved, there you can rename the file.

At this moment, I'm lost. My file is in the Word Perfect listing. I saved the File Helen in Word Perfect. I was working on the Helen file the day before and then I saved it.as "Helen" The next time that I tried to open the file
"Helen", I got the message "document in use.....
Sudipto stop I went to my documents library and changed the name "Helen" to "Helen 1" did no affect my access

Ok, so you are getting the same error message, after renaming the file?