Outlook is receiving my email, but will not send email.

Customer Question
Outlook is receiving my...

Outlook is receiving my email, but will not send email

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

Since the update of OUTLOOK16

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

WINDOEWS16

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Had the HP desktop a year or so. OUTLOOK keeps asking for the password. I changed my password ***** make sure I had it right, but when outlook tried to send it failed and asked for a password.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Did the problem begin when you changed your password ***** before?

Most likely the issue is that outlook is still trying to use the old password ***** the password ***** for outlook is corrupt.

Try the following:

• Close “Microsoft Outlook” >> Click on “Search” >> type "Credential” in the search box >>you will then see ‘Credential Manager’ >> Click on “Credential Manager”.
  • Under “Generic Credentials”, you will most likely see an entry that has Outlook in the name.
  • Delete it. In fact, you can delete all the entries in Generic Credentials if you like.
  • Close Credential Manager Window and start “Microsoft Outlook”.
  • If it asks for a password, enter the password ***** check for it to remember the password.
  • A new entry will be created in the credential vault with your latest login and password.