After setting up my new Iphone 8, I have been unable to get…

Customer Question
After setting up my new...
After setting up my new Iphone 8, I have been unable to get my gmail account to work on my desktop. I have changed my Google password ***** it is not accepted when I try to reset my gmail account. I have deleted the gmail account from my computer and tried to re-establish it. Meanwhile, my Microsoft Outlook account is accepting the new password. What can I do to get my gmail account back on my desktop? The computer OS is Windows 10 Pro which is not included in your box below
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Please respond to***@******.***. My account [email protected] is not on line.
10/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

In which email program on the computer are you trying to add your Gmail account to?

Please let me know

Thank you

Outlook

Thanks

If you click on my link bekow, can you sign into your account there?

www.gmail.com

Please let me know

No
Can you walk me through the process to add my gmail to my Outlook account?

ok, in response to my instructions you replied yes and no.

It can only be one response

I have been paying $9 a month for two years. I don't want to spend more. Can you walk me through the process to add my gmail account to Outlook? It has been rejected each time I try to add an account.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I asked if you could sign into your account online, you replied yes, and then no, I asked you to clarify, but it seems you keep skipping this request.

Would you prefer to work with another expert Mark as it seems we cannot get past this initial question.

It is no problem, I just feel it is not helpful to keep repeating the same request

Please let me know

I can't read your reply. It is all fuzzy?

I do not know Mark, I cannot see your screen, and no other customers are having any issues.

OK. I was able to copy it off the screen and paste it elsewhere. I did answer YES that I could sign on, but NO when asked if wanted to switch to Secure Remove Assistance. The message I am getting when I try to add my gmail account is: " An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Click next to attempt using an encrypted connection" I tried that which was also unsuccessful

ok, and when you click next and it fails, what is the error?

It's running now. It just came back and ask me to verify the email address, then hit "RETRY." That
s running now
New message: "Problem Connecting to server"
It has now switched to a manual set-up offering POP 3 or IMAP
Are you still there?

Ok, cancel that

click this link

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Turn it on and then try to add the account in outlook.

OK. DId so. It then asked me to reinstall Chrome. I did that and then tried to add the gmail account again. No luck. Still comes back Problem Connecting to Server
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I need to leave now for a meeting. If you have any other advice please let me know. Otherwise, I'll reconnect with Just Answer later. Mike

Ok, enable 2 step verificaiton here

https://www.google.com/landing/2step

Once done, create an app password ***** my link below

https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords

Then add the account in outlook but use this password ***** not your normal one.

Let me know how you go please.