Last week I called Microsoft Tech Support @ 1-877-568-2495…

Customer Question
Last week I called...

Last week I called Microsoft Tech Support @ 1-***-***-**** and was eventually referred to this website. While I was on the website I received a telephone call from 1-***-***-****. They mentioned they were calling to help me with computer problems. I asked if they were from Microsoft. They replied they were a satelite and would be helping me.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

First I will complete the previous reason for contacting you. I guess I was gullible and believed they were from Microsoft and gave them access to my computer.While they had access and speaking to her on the phone she eventually replied no work could be done unless I take a contract by purchasing $200 Itune cards and giving her the numbers from the cards. I replied I could not do this and so she shut the computer down and now whenever it opens System Recovery Options for Startup Repair - to check for problems. Going through this process many times I click wubdiw ti sebd ubfirnatuib about this problem but no results. I have now read the website regarding the Microsoft Scam and acknowledge I have been scammed. Since I am age 90 I am too trustworthy. and now what can I do. I do have a friend an hour away who is a computer technician who may help, but wanted your opinion. My computer isMicrosoft Office Professional 2007.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

My email from Microsoft billing info Order Number: 43591326 Order date: 4/223/2008. But my technician friend installed a larger hard drive 2 years ago. Sorry I cannot find the information you require as I do not have it written down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am sending this information on my second computer as I cannot send a message on the Office Professional 2007 that has the problem. I don't believe you will be able to help me as I cannot get into the internet. My telephone is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 10 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

The only way now to recover the PC is via full re-installation of Windows.

Hello again, haven't heard back from you,

As I mentioned in my previous reply, after the issue that you have encountered - The only way now to recover the system is via full re-installation of Windows.

You would need to re-install Windows from DVD/USB media. I can provide link for download if you are interested.
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Will be waiting for your reply.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Waiting for your reply.