We just had our computer hooked up to century link and the…

Customer Question
We just had our...

We just had our computer hooked up to century link and the screen background was solid black and pictures come out like an xray.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Acer CB5-571 issue just started

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than we just hooked up to century link and when they finished the hookup, the screen background turned black

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Thank you. Is this a Windows 10 laptop?

i assume so

Thank you. From your description it sounds like you have High Contrast Settings turned on. Please do this to turn it off.

Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)

On the Settings page in the Find a Setting box type: high contrast

and open High Contrast Settings.

Under Choose a Theme, use the drop-down arrow to set the theme to None and click Apply.

Let me know the result please.