This ACER does not have a SEARCH icon on the task bar, how…

Customer Question
This ACER does not...

This ACER does not have a SEARCH icon on the task bar, how do I find it - or how do I do a search?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Acer? And what operating system are you running?

Where will I find the model ; we are using Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

We have not installed and updates but of course they are automatically installed for us.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not today, thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

Which type of search icon are you wanting to place on the taskbar?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I have no idea ( not computer savy) , I want to be able to look for documents that I know afe in this computer

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Once connected, I can fix this problem for you.

No, thanks, Jason. I didn't realize help from the company would cost.

Oh okay. I am offering to remote in at no extra cost. Do you still want me to send in that refund request for you?

I did not see the refund request so never mind the $5.00. I would like to know how to search since there is no icon. I would really appreciate that.

You have been charged a total of $47.

The $5 was a deposit.

Do you wish to continue or do you want me to send in a refund request for you?