What are some great Christmas gifts for someone who is

Customer Question
interested in technology and cyber...
what are some great Christmas gifts for someone who is interested in technology and cyber security?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
10/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Is the person you are shopping for a tech or are they just interested in how it all works?

He's interested. An advanced beginner if that makes since. But it would have to be sort of plug and play. But he knows about things like encryption. He uses tails web os i think

I think this is a great book as it runs through security and threats but also has labs that he can try out himself and explains the software which is used (most if not all can be downloaded free) so this would be good as it will teach him some things he likely doesn't know but also walk him through labs so he can play around with these techniques.

https://www.amazon.com/Network-Security-Test-Step-Step/dp/1118987055/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1507045900&sr=1-1&keywords=network+security

Also I though he may be interested in this book here:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Computer-Virus-Research-Defense/dp/0321304543

Most other books are text books but if he is not studying for a career in network management/security they may be a bit dull which is why I chose these.

Chris L., Support Specialist