I have problems starting my PC windows 10 system and the…

Customer Question
Good afternoon! I have problems...

Good afternoon!
I have problems starting my PC windows 10 system and the message I
receive says "bootmgr missing". I have no idea what this means or what I
have to do to get the thing working. I am told to press "control - alt -
delete", bu the" bootmgrs missing" message just reappears. I need help.
Regards
Bjarne Nilssen
(I am writing this from my laptop which works perfectly well on windows 10).

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

It says "powered by ASUS" on the front of the machine, and the first screen usually says "American Megatrends". I am running windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not, but the machine lives its own life and things happen without me interfering. My entire first page suddenly appeared with a new design a few weeks ago, for example1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am kind of desperate

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This issue can be caused by a number of different things, some simple to fix and some very complex.

A couple of simple things to do would be to remove any USB drives you may have connected. If this computer has a CD or floppy drive make sure there is not a Disk in the drive and once everything is removed restart.

Let's start with that and you let me know if any of the following help. If not we will continue.

Thanks

No device is connected I cannot restart because allI get on the screen is "press ctrl alt del" which causes no reaction, only a return to the same screen
Forget it until further. I shall try local assistance first. Thanks.

Thanks for checking. Some reasons for this could be corrupt and misconfigured files, hard drive and operating system upgrade issues, corrupt hard drive sectors, an outdated BIOS, and damaged or loose hard drive interface cables.

Since the computer will not boot at all it is going to require a hands on fix. If you do not have any experience in repairing computers including taking them apart then then what I would suggest is you take it to a local repair shop and have professional do it for you.

I cannot say for sure which issue caused this as I would need physical access to the computer to run some tests.

I am sorry there is not more I can do for you aside from providing some guidance however as I said I would need physical access to repait this issue. You may have a bad hard drive which would need to be replaced for example and that will require taking the computer apart and also recovering data from the current drive. That is just one scenario though, it could be other things but all will require opening the computer.

In the long run it will be worth it to have a professional look at it in person.