My Mac computer says that I need to purchase free one month…

Customer Question
My Mac computer says...

My Mac computer says that I need to purchase free one month trial of of Office 365. I had previously puchased a license for Office Max and I have the product key. The last time I had trouble, my case was given a number*********** I need your help in repairing this glitch. Thank you. *****

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

I have two Macs. The original one is MacBook Air purchase in 2012 and the second computer is i Mac purchase in 2016. I do not know the operating systems.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I always install updates recommended by either Apploe or Microsoft.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I also had an old PC (Dell Computer) which also has the same Office program and now the software is not working on it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

It seems like your product key is expired and you need to renew your account. Please follow below steps to check the last date of your product :-

Sign in to your My Office Account page. Be sure to use the same Microsoft account that you used to renew your subscription.

If auto-renew is turned on, you'll see the date that your subscription will automatically renew.

You can see the date the subscription auto-renews in the Manage Account section.
If auto-renew is turned off, you'll see the date that your subscription will expire.

Please let me know if you have any question on it.

I do not remember my Microsoft account. I spoke to a Microsoft Tech person and gave him the product key number for the Office account and he remotely installed it on my computers.Esam Z. Dajani (*****@******.***)