O'Brien, my email address is, and I'm not receiving any

Customer Question
My name is*****'Brien, my...

My name is*****'Brien, my email address is***@******.***, and I'm not receiving any emails, either on my laptop or my phone, can you help please

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

I'm fairly dumb when it comes to this, but I thought Optus, perhaps if you gave me some names it might ring a bell

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes I think I have, but I couldn't tell you which ones, sorry

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that now I remember I have been getting a message in the bottom right hand corner, telling me my Optus details are perhaps wrong

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
10/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Which email program are you using on your Laptop?

And what error do you get when you try to receive emails?

Please let me know

Thank you

I'm not receiving any emails, and haven't since October 1st

Thanks, ***** ***** that

I need to know please

Please let me know

Thank you

I'm not sure what programme I'm using, and I don't get an error message, I'm just not getting any emails

ok, look at the icon you click to open your emails, what does it look like?

How can I find out which programme I'm using if that helps you?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

THis has never been the case before, I have been able to talk to someone at Optus, who fixes the problem ,without any cost, if that's what I have to do, then that's OK

yes it is if you wish for me to connect to your computer and resolve this for you

Please accept the request.

If I accept this request is it free or am I having to pay?

It is a paid service

Ok , Can I please have a phone number to call optus?

I do not have that sorry

Thank you, ***** ***** great service by Optus is it.

we'll, you have not really provided me any information or done anything I requested, at all, so I am not sure what the expectation is sorry

Andy, Computer Consultant