An automated Windows 10 update has me locked in a re-boot…

Customer Question
An automated Windows 10...

An automated Windows 10 update has me locked in a re-boot cycle. I've re-booted 12-15 times today and it freezes at the same place. I am not given an option for "safe boot." Since I have 365, I do not have a book CD.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Gateway FX

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

All updates are automatic, so I don't know for sure. I assume so. But this automatic update caused the problem. I scheduled it to begin at 2 AM and yesterday morning and this morning I awoke to a frozen computer. blank screen, but computer was on. disk drive quiet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no "handle" it seems to get back to my computer. That's what I need to fix.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

First boot into Safe Mode:

1. Shut down by hold the power button until the system OFF and then repeat this over 3 times until you see the Recovery screen.

2. On Recovery screen, click the buttons See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot >Advanced options >Windows Startup Settings >Restart.

3. Press F4/F5 to Enter Safe Mode (with Networking).

Are you able to Boot in to Safe Mode?

Regards
Jins

I have re-booted 12 times today by pressing the OFF button. I have not seen a Recovery screen. I see the F1 and F12 options, but can do nothing there. Then the computer continues to boot until . . . screen goes blank. Disk drive whirls. Then stops. And the computer is ON but no image on screen. So unless there is another way to turn the computer OFF, this will not work.
I cannot get to a place where you can securely connect.
The computer does not boot all the way
No, I am not able to boot into safe mode.
Hello?