Asus x750j, 3 years old. Suddenly, will turn but won't boot,

Customer Question
Asus x750j, 3 years old...
Asus x750j, 3 years old. Suddenly, will turn but won't boot, reset to factory fails. Is it dead - any hope?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What point do you get to in the boot process?

It slays says repairing and after a while unable to repair ..or reset no indication what's failing

What version of windows is on it?

W10 _ which I hate

Do you have another computer available we could use to make a recovery?

Why would that help?

The windows 10 installation on the Asus could be corrupted causing the repair/rest to fail

How do I get a fresh w10 installation?

Do you have another computer available and a USB drive of 4GB or larger?

I could do that

On the extra computer go to this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click "Download Tool Now"

Once the tool is downloaded, plug in your USB drive. Open the tool and follow the steps to make the recovery.

You can then use the drive to try to repair windows or reinstall it