I just got a message on the opening of my windows 10 family…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a message on the opening of my windows 10 family model on my new computer from TDG bought here in montreal this spring, it said that my subscription was due for renewal, is that true or bulls--t and since I had windows OS's before and was never asked to pay up what goes?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

The made is Intel 5i with an ASUS motherboard and 1 Terrabit Memory with 240 SSD using windows 10 family model from TDG here in Montreal Quebec Canada, bought the spring.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

All up grades and such are on Automatic and I had at least two so far since I got the computer, I supposed that they came from Micro Soft, but I can't be sure as they got installed when I was turning off the computer at night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yeah! since when did micro soft require people to pay for their OS when buying a new computer, all the other six computers I had before from Win 3.11 to date all came with the computer, is this a new way to increase company profits or what?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

Please, give me a moment to read over your post.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

As far as that message goes, did it say what the subscription was for? Was the subscription for Microsoft Office, Windows, or some other application or system?

The subscription renewal demand was for my windows 10 family model, which my tech at TDG said as a scam, and that I should bring the computer back to his so he can clean it up, which I will be doing soon.
NO thanks, I'll get it done for free at TDG. Have a good day!

I will send in your refund request. Thank you.