Screen shows USB Drive Mode; tried charging while plugged…

Customer Question
Screen shows USB Drive...

Screen shows USB Drive Mode; tried charging while plugged into computer as well as plugged into outlet. Cannot remove this display and cannot shut off Kindle. Help please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Amazon Kindle paperwhite; do not know model but purchased in July 2017.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please hold of slide and hold the power button down for 45 seconds and release.

and start the Kindle back up.

Let me know the result please.