Unable to get my camera (skype) to work, purchased a new…

Customer Question
Unable to get my...

Unable to get my camera (skype) to work, purchased a new one, still no success, windows finds a dr iver but cannot install.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Supposed to be the latest version of windows 10, my computer is a desk top.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Updates automatically installed, but camera not working since latest version installed in August.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not technically proficient.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the camera that has the issue?

Please let me know

Basic usb camera no markings.
Do you have an answer?

Can you click on my link below please

https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test

If asked, click I agree, and tell me if you see yourself in the picture please

Hi Richard , Downloaded as requested no driver found, deleted programme as i have driver updater, Regards Sidney.

Which program did you download? As I did not specify anything about installing a program

Thank you for your offer but I think not, the supplier of the camera is seeking a solution, regards Sidney.

Ok, no problem