I am finally back. computer is fine I need help with

Customer Question
I am finally back...

I am finally back. computer is fine I need help with Majicjack. I have it installed and I can make but not receive calls.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I just got it less than a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing only the New Majicjack.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can call out but not receive calls. and I need to change the number.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering replied 10 months ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering

You can try:

- Disabling the SPI firewall.
- Port-forward ports 5060 and 5070.
- Assign a static IP to the MJ mac, then add it to a DMZ.

Also did you check on your MJ account ( www.my.magicjack.com) to see if you have receive incoming calls enabled?

Also make sure the version of dd-wrt that you are running supports VOIP. Try looking into flashing an upgrade into the router so that it would support VOIP.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, or if this doesn't work.