I need advice on purchasing a used laptop. I want one where…

Customer Question
i need advice on purchasing...
i need advice on purchasing a used laptop. I want one where I can watch a DVD without turning the computer on. Does such a thing exist?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I'm Kumar and I'll try my best to assist you today.

Please let me know if I'm correct. You want to buy a Laptop and run a DVD in such a way that the DVD runs but the laptop is not turned on or are you talking about something else. Please elaborate your concern so that I can assist you better.

Thanks,

Kumar

you got it

Okay. Let me see.

let you know what? what's the question?

I want to buy a Laptop and run a DVD in such a way that the DVD runs but the laptop is not turned on

I do not see an option to run a CD without going through Windows Boot. You'll have to Boot your Windows to use the CD.

Do you want me to OPT out so that you can have a different expert share his comments?