The velocity router connected to the laptop computer wil not…

Customer Question
The velocity router connected...

The velocity router connected to the laptop computer wil not stay charged up. i just bought the router this summer.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?

I h ave and that does not always work. it was down to 16% when i turned the ccomputer on. it stayed charged for awhile now it does not. it even goes down to 0 charge.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

What updates do you mean?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so. thank you!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That probably indicates that the battery that is inside the Velocity router is not doing so well at holding charge.

Either that or, you haven't provided it with sufficient opportunities to charge up, before using it on battery alone.

How old is the router? if less than a year, and if it really doesn't stay charged up when charged up then turned Off, if it loses charge obviously, it is covered by warranty and you can put in a claim on it as failed for under-warranty repair - provided you have not opened it, nor dropped it, meanwhile (which voids the warranty coverage.)

Would you be interested in making a warranty claim on this router? if so, I can give you information on how to go about it, if you will tell me whether it is an ATT router with an ATT network plan... or other similar information about 'what service provider it is with' as it were.

at&t velocity just bought it this summer.

OK. For warranty service of this defective router:

- call(###) ###-#### and please have the following information available when you send the device in for repair:
• A valid Proof of Purchase
• Return address
• Daytime phone number or fax number
• Model #
• IMEI # (Look for the 15-digit IMEI # behind the battery of the
device.)
• Complete description of the problem
The postage or shipping should be prepaid - but ask about that.

I hope this advice helps you understand the problem, and your recourse if it seems to be a defective battery. Thanks, ***** ***** you be willing to rate my work and my answer now?

i have the computer and the printer also with att. cancel the remote assistance. thank you! ***** *****

OK. I won't take up the Remote Service request myself, but it is still open to others... Before you go, please rate my answer (in Reply, or using five-star interface, or both) - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thank you. Have a great day.