I tried to get into Xfinity this morning and the message…

Customer Question
Hi, I tried to...

Hi, I tried to get into Xfinity this morning and the message came back saying I should change my password ***** help me do this

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Maybe 30-40 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You need help changing you password, correct?

No thanks. I just want to change my password *****
  1. Go to www.xfinity.com/password.
  2. Enter your XFINITY username and click Continue. (If you can't remember your username, go to www.xfinity.com/username).

3. Complete the security check by typing the moving letters in the box. Click Continue.

4. Select a method for recovering your password ***** the options listed and click Continue.

Note: If you do not want to have the link emailed or texted to you, click Try a different method. You will be asked to provide the answer to your secret question and your ZIP code.

5. Confirm your selection on the next page by clicking Continue.

6. A confirmation message will appear.
    • If resetting via email, check your email and click the Reset my password *****

• If resetting via text message, check your text messages and enter the reset code. Click Continue.

7. Create and confirm your new password. Click Continue.

8. A confirmation page will appear.