I have a Microsoft account using [email protected] I no…

Customer Question
I have a Microsoft...

I have a Microsoft account using***@******.***. I no longer have this email and wish to delete this account. How do I do this

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Compaq unsure on operating system

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
10/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You want the Microsoft account completely deleted, correct?

When you're sure you're ready:

1. Go to Close your account.
  2. When you're prompted to sign in to your account, double-check that it's the account you want to delete. If not, select Sign in with a different Microsoft account.
  3. Check that the page shows the correct Microsoft account, and then click Next.
  4. Read the list, and select the checkboxes to acknowledge you’ve read each item.
  5. In the Select a reason drop-down list, choose the reason you're closing the account.
  6. Select Mark account for closure.

Here is the Close You Account link, from step 1 above.