My Gateway laptop computer NOW makes a "beep" sound

Customer Question
My Gateway laptop computer...

My Gateway laptop computer NOW makes a "beep" sound continuously. How can I correct this? Does my Gateway have a fan, that may not be working? While being used, this computer is completely silent, except for this distracting "beep" which continues or else goes away and then comes back.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

My Gateway laptop NOW makes a "beep" sound, repeatedly while I have it turned on or am using it. How can I correct this? And does this computer have a fan, I do not hear a heat-preventing fan?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

You ask if I have installed any updates recently: Yes, my AOL software automatically installs them. Is that the type of updates you mean?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no other questions or comments to ask, before you connect me with the Computer Expert.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the computer boots up to the Windows login, you have a stuck key - or perhaps a damaged keyboard with vaguely equivalent consequence.

Was the keyboard gotten wet? in a recent hurricane perhaps, by a spill, etc.?

If the computer does NOT boot up at all, something even more severe is wrong.

To cure a stuck key, rap on each key sharply, one by one, until you find the one that doesn't feel right, is stuck down, or... hopefully... it gets freed up and stops.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise you further.)