I am just installing my new magicjack go. I plugged in the…

Customer Question
Hi I am just...

Hi I am just installing my new magicjack go. I plugged in the device to my current magicjack set up. Waited awhile but nothing happened. Is it not supposed to automatically authorize for us pre existing accounts. Also I can not fiqure out, as it is not explained , how it is that I may take a Magicjack call on my cell phone?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?

I have had MJ for 3 years. My computer is a year old Think Pad

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If you want to use magic jack on your cell phone, then you have to download and install the magicjack app onto your phone.

http://www.magicjack.com/magicApp.html

Now, as far as getting the magicjack itself to work.. When you connected it to the computer to register it with your phone number and account, does it work and have dial tone and let you make calls when it is connected to the computer?

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.