Trying to restore to factory settings. Emachines e728

Customer Question
Trying to restore to...

Trying to restore to factory settings

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Emachines e728 windows 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried f10,alt+f10, f2 when starting up never got to the option of restoring

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect me to what?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok

Are you able to log into the windows seven desktop still? There are a few ways to 'break in'

to windows 7 if not and also, the settings is easier to do this from on the pc.

I am
what do I do?

Getting it for you now. Please standby.

I just want it reset to factory settings
  1. Boot the computer
  2. Click Start
  3. Type system restore in the search bar
  4. Select System Restore from the search result lists
  5. Type the password ***** an administrator, if prompted to do so
  6. Click Next
  7. Select Choose a different restore point
  8. Click Next
  9. Select a restore point from the list
  10. Click Next
  11. Click Finish
  12. Click Yes to confirm the process
  13. The process will now start
  14. Your computer may reboot
  15. Click Close when the System Restore completed successfully message appears

There you go. It should be able to restore in that manner unless your windows is corrupted.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

will it restore to factory settings by using one of the dates listed>=?

No, that will only put it back to that date. We use that for this example.

September xx, 2017 you downloaded a virus or bad program/got infected etc.

We would put it back to before that date to clear the pc of anything that got in on the date

you knew it was infected.

You want total restore to wipe it out, or a restore to previous point if you know the date it was

altered/messed up.

Do you see an option for it to fully restore instead of 'restore point'?

total restore

Yes. When you choose system restore, do you see another option than restore point?

nope. no other unfortunately

This is an emachine:

he steps are:

1. Go to Start and find the eMachines Recovery Management application either by going to All Programs or by typing recovery in the search field
  2. Click Restore from the menu on the left
  3. Choose what type of restore you want: Completely Restore System, Restore Operating System or Reinstall Drivers or Applications
  4. You may be prompted to enter the password. Do so and then click OK.
  5. Follow any wizard instructions left to complete the process

https://neosmart.net/wiki/emachines-recovery-disk/#If_you_can_boot_into_Windows_7

it doesnt exist in the start menu

That was for your emachine. It should have been there. You may need a disc to wipe it and that may

be the reason you cannot use the function keys.

Look at that guide i just sent you. Click on windows 7 if you can boot into windows 7

and then the one under it if you cannot. Tell me if you can do those and what you see.

i dont have the discs

I understand that.

We are 'looking' right now to see what it is giving you as options.

When you go to that start menu, type in restore

nothing comes up

Then you have to try the function keys from start up.

That option should be there if you are right about the emachine.

It sounds as if something corrupted your windows and took out the recovery partisan.

Use that guide and try to restart and hit the function key a few times. Its a timing trick.

We may need to get you a disk.

Yours is f10 i believe.

https://itstillworks.com/reset-emachine-computer-1383.html

start from step 3

ok thanks

Please ensure you click with five stars to close out.

If that doesnt work, i can try to find you a disk to use.

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Seems like the option don't exist. Could it be because of error code 0x8007007b?
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there

Do you mean you want to completly reinstall windows?