I have an old e machine computer and I cannot remember my…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old e machine computer and I cannot remember my password ***** log into the computer. Is there a way for me to reset it so I can access it?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I have an e machine and it has a hard disc security and forgot password. And how can I get it to work

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Do you know what version of windows you have on that old emachine?

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7?

OK thanks..how do you bypass the security boot password ***** emachine
Windows 7

And also, whats the model number of that emachine?

And what exactly does the password ***** look like that you cant get past?

E525
It says hard disk security and below that it says primary master Hitachi HYS545035B9ALock. You have to hit enter then a blue window comes up and says please input password ***** Hitachi...the passwords been forgotten the computer is old

Theres no way to get around that password ***** Its built into the Hard drive, its an anti theft and security feature. All you can do is replace the hard drive.

You can get a new hard drive here for under 20$ http://amzn.to/2xIRxb9

Then all you have to do is install windows and youre good to go. If you have any further questions let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P