I have an iMac. Just now a page came up saying the computer…

Customer Question
I have an iMac...

I have an iMac. Just now a page came up saying the computer is blocked due to a poem virus from my up address.It said I need to call in Microsoft Technical support to fix it free

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Sierra and what do you mean by exact model!

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, 4-5 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this a legitimate concern?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Was this a popup that appeared on your web browser?

When did the page appear?