Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer
94796889

I HAVE MAGIC BOX IT IS NOT WORKING THE BLUE LIGHT IS ON BUT

Customer Question

I HAVE MAGIC JACK BOX IT IS NOT WORKING THE BLUE LIGHT IS ON BUT THE LIGHT FOR THE PHONE AND ENTERNET DOES NOT LIGHT UP
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?
Customer: I HAVE TWO MAGIC JACK NUMBERS , MY COMPUTOR IS LENOVO I HAVE HAD THE TWO MAGIC JACK FOR ABOUT 5 YEAR
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Computer
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

What is the model of your Magic Jack box? It likely will say on the bottom or back of the device.

Also, you are saying you have two of them - did both of them stop working or just one?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
k1103 one is still working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have two k1103 the phone number(###) ###-####is not working

Since you have two of them, what I would suggest is swapping them and see if you see the same problem on the other one that you do on the first. If the problem follows the box, likely the box is the issue, if the problem follows the cable, that will narrow it down.

Thank you for that information, I don't have any way to look up your devices by phone number.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have aleady done that

So did the jack (we'll call it jack A) with the issue not work in either place, but the second jack (call it jack B) worked in both places?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
jack A doesn't work in either place jack B does work in both places
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if the box is bad what should I do

magicJack provides a warranty option for replacing the device for 24.95. However, you may be able to find a new one for almost as cheap as that price.

From their FAQ page:

What if my magicJack stops working?

magicJack, LP warrants the Device against component defects for one year after purchase. Within the 1 Year Warranty Period customers can order a replacement device through their account portal at my.magicJack.com. A $13.95 warranty processing fee applies. If outside of the 1 Year Warranty Period, the cost of the replacement will be $24.95.

When you receive the replacement, just plug it in and you will be prompted to select the device you wish to replace. Your remaining time and telephone number will automatically transfer. Replacement devices do not include additional license time.

I hope this answers your question. I apologize it's not the answer you were likely looking for, but I try to provide all my customers with correct and accurate information. If you would please provide me with a positive review, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you need further help, please reply here and I will answer.