I have a ideacenter desk top & the mouse is lost-its an all…

Customer Question
I have a ideacenter...

I have a ideacenter desk top & the mouse is lost-its an all in one desk top & the mouse i just purchsed doesnt allow me to type anywhere on desktop

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Lenova ideacentre

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Its a new desk top -i assume its updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a new desk top I assume its updated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
9/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What is the make and model of the mouse you are attempting to use?

logitech
M310
this is how you work it out?? in other words you wont give me an answer unless i pay more

The problem is likely to be a lost connection. The connection between the mouse and the Unifying USB receiver can be lost due to several reasons, including:

• Low battery
  • Moving the Unifying USB receiver from one port to another
  • Moving the Unifying USB receiver to another computer
  • Plugging the Unifying USB receiver into a hub or other unsupported. device such as a KVM switch (your Unifying USB receiver must be plugged directly into your computer)
  • Using your cordless mouse on metal surfaces
  • Radio frequency (RF) interference from more powerful wireless devices such as:
    • Wireless speakers
    • Computer power supplies
    • Monitors
    • Cellular telephones
    • Garage door openers

Eliminate any potential problems that may be caused by the above possibilities.

Before connecting your M310:

1. Turn your computer on.

2. Insert fresh batteries in your mouse.

3. Turn on your mouse. The power indicator on the top of the mouse should be green

4. If the power indicator is not illuminated, move the power switch on the bottom of the mouse to on position so the power indicator turns green.

5. Plug the Unifying USB receiver directly and securely into a working USB port on your computer..

You do not need to pay more as we do not need to have a remote session!

If this doesn't work we can continue troubleshooting!

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!

Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer