Could you please tell me why my Apple iPad won't open to let…

Customer Question
could you please tell me...
could you please tell me why my Apple iPad won't open to let me sign in ? It shows a small lock on the middle of the page; & even trying to sign in using my security code ... I STILL CAN'T GET ANY ENTRY INTO MY IOS10 Apple iPad? is there a way yo sign in by getting a way to sign into my Apple using my email & password? Thanking you in advance. Sincerely, ***** ***** @***@******.***
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
This could be a glitch in the software and the iPad needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 20 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not work, release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not let you sign on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPad. Please follow these steps,
- Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
- press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
- When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
- While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
- When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
- Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.

Let me know how it goes please.

Did that work for you?

My husband rebooted our computer& he has tried all the above ... now my security numbers show but my iPad will not accept typing or let me into the Internet
My husband will not allow me to let anyone work inside our computer ... Can you suggest what step or steps I could do next ? Once again , thanks in advance !
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

You say that your husband tried all of that already but your still getting the security numbers screen however, if you put your ipad into recovery mode successfully before restoring your ipad, then the security numbers will no longer be needed because it completely wipes them out. Also, an ipad can be locked by a passcode (4 to 6 digits) and it can be locked by not knowing your apple id password. First since you mentioned "security numbers" I am assuming you mean the passcode. Please try these steps again and make sure #4 happens as it is the most important. I will even attach a screenshot to show you what screen you need to see on your ipad first before the restore happens.

1. 1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. MOST IMPORTANT. SEE PIC ATTACHED TO THIS MESSAGE!!!
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. Then continue to follow the onscreen instructions.

After you complete these steps and the ipad restarts. There should be know asking of a passcode but their may still be a apple id password ***** will need to know. If you need to reset the apple id password ***** can go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your apple id and continue. Then apple will provide you an option to reset your password ***** as by email, text message, security questions, etc.

Then once you reset your password ***** you can enter it on your ipad.

If that still does not work you can try to erase the ipad from icloud.com, here is how:

1. From a computer, go to https://www.icloud.com/#find

2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

4. Select the device you want to erase.

5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist