I am receiving two separate error messages. 1: Could not…

Customer Question
Hello - I am...

Hello - I am receiving two separate error messages.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

1: Could not read from file:C:\Program Files (x86)Qualcomm\Eudora\Trash.mbx Cause: The request contains an invalid argument (22) 2. The server's SSL certificate was rejected and one certificate in chain has expired. I cannot send out e-mail either. The messages just started.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Which version of Eudora is this?

I'm looking

sure,

Where do I find that information?

are you on PC or mac?

PC

1. Launch Eudora from a closed state (or close it and then open it)
2. Check Email
3. Get error message "the server's SSL Certificate was rejected for the following reasons..." Click YES (multiple times if needed)
---- You need the error message for the later steps to work.
4. Click on TOOLS -> PERSONALITIES
5. Right-click on DOMINANT personality -> PROPERTIES (or right-click on the affected personality)
6. Click on INCOMING MAIL tab (when downloading is the problem)
7. Click on LAST SSL INFO button
---- IF you get an error message saying "you have never done any SS negotiation..." then go back to step 1
8. Click on CERTIFICATE INFORMATION MANAGER
9. Under SERVER CERTIFICATES, click on the [+] sign inside the little box to open up the item below, and keep opening additional + signs until you get to the bottom.
---- the bottom one should have a skull icon (untrusted)
10. Click on the bottom item (skull) to highlight it and then click on the ADD TO TRUSTED button.
11. Click DONE, OK and close everything out.

Let me know how it works

ok
The "Incoming Mail" tab does not appear. Next idea?

then you are in the wrong profile/personality. start over

Is "send queued messages" the same tab?

not exactly, but you can try there too

The "last SSL info button" does not show up. Nothing happens.

try again from start

In the personalities window, right-click on the personality and select "properties" Go to the "incoming mail" tab. Click on the "last SSL info" button at the bottom. Click on the
"certificate manager" button. The certificate in question should come up selected. If there is a + button next to it, click on that. Repeat
if necessary until you get to the bottom level. Select that certificate then click on the button to add it to the trusted certificates.

Okay, sorry. I didn't click on "properties". I did get the error message that "I have never done any SS . . . " I will have to start over.

ok, sure

Okay, I went through the process again and received the error message. Now what do I do?

you added all invalid certificates to trusted? how many was there?

No. When I clicked on the Last SSL info button, it gave me the error message again. I do not see the "Certificate Information Manager" button.

can I remote into your PC and do this directly?

Sorry, no.

ok, then I am out of ideas, I will release the question to other experts

Okay, thank you.
Any ideas yet?
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I didnt see where you mentioned what email accounts / servers you are using with eudora. Can you specify for both of your email accounts, whether they are gmail, aol, yahoo, etc?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Hi Dustin - I am using a Roadrunner email through Eudora that is with our local cable company - Spectrum.

Try removing the email address. And then readding it using pop or imap. ( the opposite of whatever format you were using earlier )

That link contains the server names and port numbers you will need to set it up correctly.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-internet/e-mailacco/incoming-outgoing-server-addresses.html

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,

Isn't there a better way to get my email to start sending out emails again? What you are suggesting seems very extreme and I may re-enter it wrong. What a disaster!

Im happy to connect and work on this personally, our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant fix the issue, you would be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Ill send that off to yo now

If you dont want me to work on the issue personally, then youll have to try and complete the suggestions I made to fix the issue.

Thank you,

For security reasons, I cannot do that.